Moving can be a big task, and packing can make you realize how much stuff you really have. Want to downsize? Minimalism is a big trend recently, and it’s possible for you to do! Here are a few tips to get started
- Start By Clearing One Area: Even if this is just a three foot area by your couch, you’ve gotta start somewhere. See what you need and what you don’t. If you haven’t used or appreciated anything in that area in the past 3 months and don’t expect to in the next 3- trash it!
- Clear Off A Counter: Have a blender you haven’t used since 05? Trash it! This is no time to be emotional.
- Shelf time: After the counter, take on a shelf. Clear that! Get rid of all non-essentials. See the tip in number one.
- Schedule a cleaning weekend: If you don’t feel like doing it now, promise yourself to do it in 2 weeks. Then you’ll have to do it!
- The 5 Rule: Pick up five things and find five places for them, or trash them.
- GIVE: Donate a load of stuff to a local charity. This is a great way to minimize and de-clutter and feel good about it.
- Take On The Junk Drawer: We all have them! The trick is to just empty out the drawer, and sort it into three piles: stuff that should be in that drawer, stuff that goes in other places, and trash.
Minimalism is manageable, but the first step is decluttering. Even if you’re not moving yet, this is a good plan to make that easier one day. When you do move, Real Men Moving Austin Moving Service is the go to for moving!