Selling your home, getting everything packed, and moving to a location that’s farther away from where you currently live are all things that can become extremely stressful and, often, difficult to pull off, even if the circumstances are great. However, if you end up hiring a scam moving company, the entire process can become a real disaster.
Companies like this will typically offer you deals that may seem too good to be true. This is when you should remember the old saying “if it sounds too good to be true, then chances are it is.” Then situations could arise where the company will want to end up charging you more money at the last minute and, in some situations, the company could end up driving off with all of your belongings instead of taking everything to where they’re actually supposed to be going to.
If you’re someone who’s currently looking for a mover, or if you know someone who is, make note of these do’s and dont’s in order to avoid a big disaster on moving day.
- Demand to receive an on-site estimate, which will accurately prepare a quote for you.
- Hire a mover that bases their price on weight instead of cubic feet.
- Take the time to check for the address of the company you want to hire in order to ensure that they are legitimate.
- Ask for references!
- Check with the Better Business Bureau for any complaints made toward the company.
- Obtain recommendations from your real estate agent.
- Ensure that the mover carries an insurance policy.
- Make sure that your household insurance covers any and all potential losses.
- Pay any kind of a deposit.
- Pay in cash.
- Accept any kind of a partial contract that has any blanks.
- Allow your belongings to be loaded on a truck that doesn’t contain the moving company’s logo.
If you are searching for affordable movers in Austin then make sure to contact us today. We can provide you with a more in depth list of things that can ensure that your move is a success.